3.1 Domestic Trade Statistics (DOMSTAT)
n Domestic trade data refers to the flow of goods through seaports, airports and railway stations in the country, whether for government of private use, or for commercial purposes.
n Three kinds of domestic trade statistics generated:
(a) Coastwise Trade Statistics
- Source documents for coastwise trade statistics is the Outward Coasting Manifest (Bureau of Customs Form No. 78) submitted by masters of vessels plying the inter-island ports to the collectors/representatives of Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) before the vessel leaves the port area.
- The coasting cargo manifest contains information on the following:
a. Port of Origin
b.Port of destination
c. Description of Commodity
- Another source document is the Philippine Coastwise Passenger Manifest (BC Form No. 460). Information on passengers commuting through the water transport system along with BC Form No. 78 are collected when a vessel carries both cargo and passengers.
(b) Air Trade Statistics
- The source document in compiling airway statistics is the Air Waybills (AWB) provided by the different domestic airlines to NSO.
- The AWB contains, among others, the following information:
a. Station of origin and destination
b.Description of commodity
c. Actual gross weight
d. Equivalent volume weight
e. Declared value
3.2 Approved Private Building Construction Statistics
- The generation of construction statistics from approved building permits covers all municipalities.
- Construction statistics generated from approved building permits provides monthly data on building construction at the municipality level nationwide. These statistics includes number of permits, floor are and value of construction for residential and non –residential buildings, additions, alterations and repairs, street furniture, landscaping and signboards and other types of construction.